What do roles and talents mean?
If competencies and strengths match the task at hand, the quality of the results is good and motivation and commitment are increased. Employees want to make a visible contribution with what they do and be appreciated for their contribution.
New Work develops ways to develop this true value creation and the appreciation that goes with it by taking a holistic view of the company’s employees and by providing the best possible mix of tasks according to their needs and talents. In addition, diversity is consciously invited. Every employee has the opportunity to choose tasks and responsibilities for himself/herself and to further educate him/herself through internal company offers or time released for this purpose.
In this way, employees “shape” their jobs based on their interests, talents and strengths and take responsibility for their work.
Statements on this trend
Which of the following statements apply to your work environment? Think of concrete examples.
- Teams can define needed roles and do not require central approval
- Our roles enable independent action and free up creativity
- We speak up, contribute, and develop our individual strengths and point of view
- Our roles create structural equality and commit us to collaborate across roles
What conclusions have you drawn for yourself here? Share it with the whole community! So we all learn together. This is also New Work!
IDEAS HOW TO GET THERE (Ideas):
- Let people choose their own tasks and responsibilities. Let them sculpt and tailor their job.
- Design the organization around a talent model allowing people to grow.
- Ask “Who does really know how to do it?” instead of “”Who’s in charge?”